- This event has passed.
Haute Route Weekend Training Camp
June 21, 2018 @ 08:00 - June 24, 2018 @ 17:00
This weekend training camp in the French Alps will help you improve your performance in mountain sportives, such as a 3-day or 7-day Haute Route, the one-day Marmotte, the Etape du Tour or the Maratona dles Dolomites. All the Alpine Cols coaches have huge experience in riding sportives in the mountains and are delighted to share their knowledge. The three days of cycling Friday to Sunday will include such well-known Tour de France climbs as the col des Aravis, the col des Saisies and the col de la Croix-Fry. The overall distance and climbing will be similar to a typical three days at the Haute Route, i.e. 350-400km and 8000-10,000m of climbing.
As well as the usual tips and advice on techniques from our experienced coaches, we are delighted to welcome Bryan Taylor from Verve Cycling, the manufacturer of Infocranks®. This is the official power meter of the UCI World Cycling Centre and also at British Cycling. Bryan is one of the world’s leading experts on the use of power in cycling. He will be our evening guest lecturer as well as available one-on-one to debrief your power recordings and offer individual advice.
You will have the opportunity to ride (free of charge) with a set of Infocranks® during the weekend, and to enrol in the MyPower programme.
Grand Bô: route and profile
The route is likely to be the same as in previous years, making the tour of the northern half of the Aravis. There are three choices:
- Short – 100 km with 1500 m vertical, passing by the Col de la Croix Fry, the Col des Fleuries and the Gorges du Borne.
- Medium – 123 km with 3000 m vertical, passing by the Col de la Croix Fry, the Col des Fleuries, the Mont Saxonnex and then the Col de la Colombière.
- Long – 135 km with 3400 m vertical, passing by the Col de la Croix Fry, the Col des Fleuries, the Mont Saxonnex, the challenging Col de Romme and finally the Col de la Colombière.
The route is well designed so that if you miss the time cut-offs you simple keep going on the shorter distance.
We will be staying three nights in the outstanding hotel Beauregard 4* in La Clusaz.
Download the brochure for our Haute Route & Sportive Training Camps.
- Pick-up is from Geneva airport between 4 and 6pm on Thursday June 21st.
- Drop-off is at Geneva airport before 7.30pm on Sunday June 24th.
It may be possible to arrive and depart on different days: ask us for details.