Coach’s Corner is written by Olivier Dulaurent and Marvin Faure, specifically for participants in the Haute Route, the highest and toughest cyclosportives in the world. The Haute Route is a seven-day stage race covering some 900 kilometres and over 20,000m of vertical climbing. It therefore requires a very serious level of preparation.
Coach’s Corner is intended to help participants prepare themselves as well as possible. Nothing, however, can replace a serious block of training in the mountains with the assistance of an experienced, race-hardened professional coach. If you have booked to ride in the Haute Route, we strongly recommend you consider one of our training camps to help you make the most of this extraordinary experience.
- Outline training plan
- Specific training for the Haute Route
- What to do if you can’t ride your bike?
- Training in March & April
- Beware the standard training plan!
- Pedalling technique
- Training in May and June
- Training during the lunch hour
- How to train after an enforced break
- Climbing: the fundamentals
- Repeat Climbs
- Descending: the fundamentals
- Descending: gaining an advantage
- Accelerate your post-stage recovery
- Training plan for July and August