This coaching camp will take place in the Valais region of Switzerland from August 4th to August 11th 2019, concluding with the Marmotte GranFondo Valais (130km, 4500m+) or the extremely challenging Tour des Stations (220km, 7400m+) on Saturday August 10th.
During the week you will enjoy rides, workshops and one-on-one coaching sessions, on and off the bike. In order to keep you fresh for Saturday’s GranFondo the rides are relatively short but always with a strong focus on technique.
Riding the GranFondo at the end of the week is a great way to immediately put into practice what you have learned. Taken as a whole, the camp provides excellent preparation for the Haute Route Pyrenees or the Haute Route Alps.
Our special guest Bryan Taylor is one of the world’s foremost power experts. The camp is thus a great opportunity to learn more about the use of power in cycling. Don’t worry, however, if you are not interested in power. It is certainly not essential to have your own power meter and we are just as comfortable working with more traditional methods.
The Alpine Cols difference:
- A real expertise and focus on one-on-one coaching for performance.
- Charming, “boutique” hotels full of character.
- Wonderful meals: not just to refuel, but truly to enjoy!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKAGE
- Airport transfers (to and from Geneva, at a fixed time only)
- Accommodation and meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Entry to the GranFondo
- Reconnaissance of the GranFondo route
- On-the-bike coaching
- Use of an InfoCrank® power meter, free of charge, from May 10th to August 11th.
- On-the-road support vehicle with free energy drinks and snacks
- Mechanical assistance
- Coach’s Corner evening sessions on cycling performance
- Photographs taken during the week (digital copies)
STANDARD OR SUPERIOR ROOM
If you are coming alone you may choose a standard or superior room. These are the differences:
STANDARD: 25m2, east-facing, no balcony, shower.
SUPERIOR: 30m2, west-facing, balcony, bath.
- Travel to/from Geneva
- Hotels in Geneva
- Bicycle hire
- Minibar or drinks at the hotel bar
- Coffee or snacks during café stops
- Massage (optional extra)
Please contact us for your personal quote if you would like to stay additional nights in Switzerland.