This will be our 6th coaching camp built around the Time Megève Mont Blanc, the first major Alpine sportive of the season. As always, there will be a strong emphasis on technique and the coach/rider ratio will be 1:5 or better. Our goal is for you to have a fantastic time while improving your skills and performance in sportives.
Based in the famous ski station of Megève, the route changes from one year to the next but always includes a good selection of iconic climbs. The 2019 route hasn’t been published yet, but early indications are that it may return to the col de la Colombière and the col des Aravis. Whatever the route, there are always three versions and the longest one is quite hard, requiring a high level of fitness. The middle distance (usually around 120km and 2,600m+) is a decent challenge for early June and good practice for later events, such as the Marmotte or the Etape du Tour.
We use a wonderful small hotel in Megève. Called Au Coin du Feu, it is a cosy, traditional chalet with masses of charm, just a short walk from the pedestrian centre of Megève. The food is excellent.
The Alpine Cols difference:
- A real expertise and focus on one-on-one coaching for performance.
- Charming, “boutique” hotels full of character.
- Wonderful meals: not just to refuel, but truly to enjoy!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKAGE
- Airport transfers (to and from Geneva, at a fixed time only)
- Accommodation and meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- On-the-bike coaching (coach:rider ratio 5:1 or better)
- On-the-road support vehicle with free energy drinks and snacks
- Mechanical assistance
- Coach’s Corner evening sessions on cycling performance
- Photographs (digital copies)
- Travel to/from Geneva
- Hotels in Geneva
- Bicycle hire
- Minibar or drinks at the hotel bar
- Coffee or snacks during café stops
- Massage (optional extra)
Please contact us for your personal quote if you would like to stay additional nights in Megève